Cub Scout Pack 500 and Boy Scout Troop 500 wish to thank the Telluride community for supporting our scouts this past year. We truly appreciate the local merchants and marshal’s and fire departments opening their doors to us for tours and visits.
We’d also like to thank the following for their support and contributions:
• The Elks Lodge for serving as our charter organization, providing financial support and use of their facility.
• The Daily Planet and KOTO Radio for keeping the community aware of our scouting events and activities.
• Angel Baskets for allowing our scouts to donate their time and assist with a very worthy cause.
• The American Legion for encouraging our scout participation with the veterans and their events throughout the year.
• The Parks & Recreation Department for encouraging the community to volunteer and assist with the town’s Adopt-A-River Trail program, which was a Cub Scout Pack 500 initiative.
Our Boy Scout troop currently has two Life Scouts working towards their rank of Eagle Scout.
This was also the first year girls joined our pack and troop as active scouts.
Our summer is busy with Cub Scout and Boy Scout camps, and we’ll resume our regular meetings in the fall, after school begins.
If you’re interested in getting involved, Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts (now Scouts BSA) are available for both boys and girls to participate. Cub Scouts are for students in grades 1-5 and Scouts BSA are grades 6 and above. There’s also a Lion program for kindergarten-aged youth.
Thanks again for a great year!
Scoutmaster Janet Kask